T-Solutions, Inc. is a woman owned, veteran owned small business (WVOSB) headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia that provides maintenance engineering, logistics and management worldwide to both commercial and government clients. T-Solutions mission is to develop innovative, cost saving Maintenance Engineering, logistics, and management solutions. T-Solutions invites you to become a part of our family. Our #1 Core Value is “We Take Care of our People.”
The U.S. Navy Port Engineer program has been in existence since the early 1980’s. The success of the program can be attributed to the high standards and integrity the Port Engineers display to achieve material readiness within constrained funding levels. Navy Port Engineers act as the owner's representative, routinely validates shipboard conditions through personal observation and evaluation, and are intimately familiar with the operational & maintenance requirements of their assigned ships to ensure their mission readiness. Port Engineers are active leaders on a Maintenance Team responsible for one or two ships and serve as the Type Commander (TYCOM) & Commanding Officer's primary representative for all off ship maintenance and modernization. Responsibilities include managing an online database for all jobs, validating work requests, assigning preliminary estimates, planning prioritized work packages within budget & time constraints for TYCOM approval, reviewing work specifications, coordinating schedule with repair activities, overseeing repairs, and providing input for all maintenance funding decisions. Port Engineers must be physically able to enter confined spaces, climb ladders and masts aboard their assigned ships while in ports or at sea in order to validate maintenance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with the ships’ crew, department heads and commanding officer on a daily basis to discuss shortfalls, implementation and insufficiencies related to the Consolidated Ships Maintenance Plan (CSMP) and validate new work items
- Verify and check all validated off-ship maintenance 2 kilos. 2 kilo validation includes equipment testing and system performance and making recommendations and repair actions to the maintenance plan.
- Recommend timing of repairs and identify the most cost effective level of maintenance.
- Provide a risk assessment and prioritization of all on and off-ship maintenance requirements.
- Attend all ship maintenance/repair assessment events and answer questions real time, these may include funding shortfalls, maintenance scope, mission impacts, and logistics.
- Identify weaknesses in the maintenance plan/s, to include modernization recommendations.
- Determine, validate, and diagnose specific maintenance requirements for assigned ships or craft;
- Recommend ship owner authorization or deferral of identified maintenance requirements;
- Screen authorized work to appropriate industrial activities and Continuous Maintenance availability periods;
- Integrate authorized work items for each industrial availability to ensure development of an optimized work package;
- Monitor industrial availability execution and support Government efforts to control quality, schedule, and cost;
- Provide engineering and technical recommendations concerning the design, installation, logistic support, and priority of planned modernization; and
- Recommend solutions to maintenance-related environmental, logistics, technical and engineering problems encountered in ship repair and modernization.
- Extensive experience of naval combat systems operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of depot level combat systems alteration, maintenance, and integrated test procedures
- Knowledge of, and experience aboard, naval vessels
- Detailed experience with one or more major Navy surface ship weapons system
- Significant Navy experience at the Senior Chief (E8) level or high rank in the C5I operating and maintenance community.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access. To see if you meet requirements to obtain a Security Clearance click HERE
T-Solutions is a rapidly growing, family owned company with a comprehensive employment benefits package, including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Disability, AD&D, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and more. Apply to join our family of professionals today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION - MALE - FEMALE - MINORITIES -
VETERANS - LGBT - DISABLED