Job Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Job Type: Full Time Position
T-Solutions, Inc. is a woman owned, veteran owned small business (WVOSB) headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia that provides maintenance engineering, logistics and management worldwide to both commercial and government clients. T-Solutions mission is to develop innovative, cost saving Maintenance Engineering, logistics, and management solutions. T-Solutions invites you to become a part of our family. Our #1 Core Value is “We Take Care of our People.” T-Solutions is an equal opportunity employer to diversifying its workforce (Race/Color/Gender/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets).
The Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC) Wallops Island, VA requires support for management, engineering, operation, and technical expertise in support of the activation, operations, maintenance and engineering of equipment, systems and computer programs in support of all NAVSEA and PEO IWS missions supported by SCSC. The SCSC provides live and simulated integrated warfare capabilities in a net-centric, maritime environment to develop, test, evaluate and conduct fleet operations and training for the war-fighter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive readiness, preventive and corrective maintenance, and troubleshooting support at the equipment and system level and restoration of equipment and systems to specification for all combat system facilities at SCSC, including Aegis, Ship Self Defense System, and DDG 1000 combat systems, weapon systems, simulators, interface switching, tactical communications, tactical audio/visual, cable infrastructure, fiber infrastructure and equipment.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance and micro-miniature (2M) repair to maintain combat system readiness. All maintenance will be in accordance with the Navy Maintenance Material Management (3M) system utilizing SKED with the goal of achieving 100 percent equipment availability and systems maintained to shipboard standard.
- Provide on-the-job training to the Navy members of the integrated maintenance team.
- Prepare and implement quarterly maintenance schedules as approved by the Government Combat System Maintenance Officer.
- Provide on-site maintenance support personnel during all operational shifts and mission events to match expected customer agency workloads and quality of service expectations, maintenance requirements to maintain readiness, and essential real time troubleshooting of scheduled systems and equipment.
- Perform maintenance tasks to include cable fabrication, repair and installation (including fiber optic), cable removal, equipment overhaul and refurbishment, tactical electrical power connection and repair, and tactical cooling plumbing connection and repair, equipment foundation fabrication, and heavy weather preparation and recovery.
- Remove, ship and replace SCSC equipment in support of Government requirements.
- Plan and schedule maintenance to minimize systems and equipment downtime to maximize mission support, while still maintaining high system availability and also meeting planned maintenance schedules.
- Promptly report the status of systems and equipment that are not functioning properly and have the potential to impact customer events.
- Provide a summary to the Government each morning on the current status of all major systems, the results from the previous day of systems, equipment, and services provided to customer events, and the plans to correct problems with systems, equipment or service.
- Investigate and report on any mission event that failed to meet any customer objectives to include root cause analysis.
- Provide detailed failure reporting, analysis and corrective action taken in accordance with MIL-HDBK-2155 or best business practices to provide management visibility and control for reliability and maintainability improvement of hardware and associated software
Ten (10) years' experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing of tactical equipment in their area of expertise and be certified as a Maintenance Person in accordance with PQS 301, reference NAVEDTRA 43241-K and be qualified to work on assigned systems.
Demonstrated experience in the ability to define, articulate, and communicate equipment status and troubleshooting efforts and recommend course of action for approval.
* Demonstrated experience in the ability to coordinate, schedule and implement equipment upgrades.
* Maintenance experience with one or more of the following systems: Identification Friend-or-Foe (IFF), Navigation Sensor System Interface (NAVSSI) block 4, AN/SPS-49 radar, AN/SPS-67 radar, AN/SPY-1 radar, Aegis Weapon System networks, or shipboard external communication systems.
T-Solutions is a rapidly growing, family owned company with a comprehensive employment benefits package, including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Disability, AD&D, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and more. Apply to join our family of professionals today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - FEMALES - MINORITIES - VETERANS - DISABLED