T-Solutions is the company people want to work for and work with when seeking global services and innovative solutions. We employ highly qualified and uniquely skilled professionals who are committed to providing services with integrity. We are the preferred partner to deliver excellence and to enrich our clients, employees and communities.
Who We Are
T-Solutions creates exceptional, responsive solutions to complex challenges for our global clients in the field of government contracting. We are an innovative, agile provider of specialized, technical solutions and an exceptional cache of capabilities that enable mission-critical operations and decision making. We provide the expertise and guidance needed to help customers succeed in today’s era of defense, security, maintenance engineering, logistics, and business transformation. Our core competencies are aligned with the current needs of our customers; and those competencies anticipate and facilitate work with our customer to address their future needs. We are continually striving to adapt emerging and proven technologies to further enhance the abilities of our customers and partners.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Port Engineer position, located at our Port Hueneme, CA station. This position serves as T-Solution’s on-board representative. The primary function of this role is to routinely validate shipboard conditions through personal observation and evaluation. They are intimately familiar with the operational and maintenance requirements of their assigned ships(s) to ensure mission readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages an online database for all jobs.
- Perform Self Defense Test Ship dry-docking availability planning.
- Coordinate with Southwest Regional Maintenance Center (SWRMC) in preparation for SDTS availability.
- Perform Material Condition Assessment and submit documentation package of the MCA's results, findings, and recommendations.
- Provide solutions for systemic and safety problems to improve SDTS reliability and maintainability.
- Review engineering and technical documentation to determine compliance with General Specifications for Overhaul (GSO), engineering standards, technical accuracy and adequacy in relation to functional operations and technical requirements of SDTS.
- Provide engineering and technical support to assist in resolution of emergent technical problems.
- Participate in meetings, to include but is not limited to technical interchange meetings and planning yard meetings, either in person at NSWC PHD, local contractor's facility, on-board SDTS, or by electronic means.
- Define shipboard spaces and equipment required to be maintained to support the SDTS operational and mission requirements.
- Coordinate with applicable NAVSEA Tech Warrant Holders for Departures from Specifications.
- Utilize sea books or other applicable means for documentation.
- Validates work requests, assigns preliminary estimates, and plans prioritized work packages within budget and time constraints.
- Reviews work specifications, coordinates schedules with repair activities, oversees repairs, and providing input for all maintenance funding decisions.
- Reviews implementation, challenges, opportunities and resources relating to the Consolidated Ship’s Maintenance Plan.
- Attends weekly status meetings and provides requested status information to support maintenance planning and correction maintenance recommendations.
- Attends ship maintenance, repair, and assessment events to answer real-time questions surrounding logistics, maintenance scope, funding shortfalls, budgetary constraints and mission impacts.
- Performs a weekly review and ship check, to include applicable personal observations and discussions of all assessments, planned refreshments.
- Provide funding shift recommendations for efficient execution of availabilities.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
This position includes a low level of travel.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or GED equivalent and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. A minimum of four years of sailing experience as an operating engineer or twenty years of engineering experience in the US Navy.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must have reliable transportation to and from various work locations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Must have at least the USCG Third Assistant Engineer License.
T-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.