T-Solutions is the company people want to work for and work with when seeking global services and innovative solutions. We employ highly qualified and uniquely skilled professionals who are committed to providing services with integrity. We are the preferred partner to deliver excellence and to enrich our clients, employees and communities.
Who We Are
T-Solutions is a woman-owned, veteran-owned small business headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia that creates exceptional, responsive solutions to complex challenges for our global clients in the field of government contracting. We are an innovative, agile provider of specialized, technical solutions and an exceptional cache of capabilities that enable mission-critical operations and decision making. We provide the expertise and guidance needed to help customers succeed in today’s era of defense, security, maintenance engineering, logistics, and business transformation. Our core competencies are aligned with the current needs of our customers; and those competencies anticipate and facilitate work with our customer to address their future needs. We are continually striving to adapt emerging and proven technologies to further enhance the abilities of our customers and partners.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Part-time Port Engineer Instructor position. This position serves as a key resource to T-Solution’s on-board representatives and acts as a subject matter expert teaching personnel how to maintain ship material condition readiness. The primary function of this role is to provide training to our Port Engineers who serve in a leadership role as part of the maintenance team, act as the Type Commander (TYCOM) representative, as well as the Commanding Officer’s primary representative for all off ship maintenance and modernization. They are intimately familiar with the operational and maintenance requirements of their assigned ship(s) to ensure mission readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training to Hull Maintenance & Electrical Port Engineers, Combat Systems Port Engineers, Maintenance Managers and Port Engineer support staff
- Effectively communicate and serve as an instructor and mentor to students
- Participate in course development and provide training in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- PE Orientation
- PE Indoctrination
- Corrosion Control
- Class Maintenance Plan Tasks
- Material Condition & Maintenance-related Assessments
- INSURV discrepancies
- Work Specifications & Statements of Work
- Work Notifications (validate, screen, broker)
- Consolidated Ship’s Maintenance Project
- Possesses the necessary knowledge and adheres to contractual requirements for our Government clients
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- This position includes a low level of travel to Fleet Concentration Support areas.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- One of the following is required
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 15 years related experience,
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Chemistry,
- Or a minimum of fifteen years of experience in the US Navy (E8 level or higher)
- Approximately eight years of experience in ship maintenance. Specifically:
- Experience with corrosion control issues, solutions, and technical requirements
- Coatings related work experience, surface preservation and repair
- Experience writing and reviewing Work Specifications or Statements of Work
- Validating, estimating, writing, and reviewing Work Notifications
- Experience as an Instructor
- Experience providing training, technical briefs, or as a mentor within the Navy Maintenance and Repair field
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and 365)
- Strong interpersonal skills and present a professional decorum
- Experience as a Port Engineer is desired
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Candidates with NACE certifications are preferred (S-CAT, CIP Level 2 or 3)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance training or certification is preferred
- Candidates with NDT Level 2, NBPI and SSPC PCI Level 2 certifications are also preferred
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must have reliable transportation to and from various work locations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Ability to frequently traverse stairs
- Sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, crouching, and kneeling
- Talking, hearing, and seeing
- Reaching, handling, using equipment, keyboards, and mobile devices
- Lifting boxes (files and supplies) up to 20 lbs.
T-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.