T-Solutions is the company people want to work for and work with when seeking global services and innovative solutions. We employ highly qualified and uniquely skilled professionals who are committed to providing services with integrity. We are the preferred partner to deliver excellence and to enrich our clients, employees and communities.
Who We Are
T-Solutions is a woman-owned, veteran-owned small business headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia that creates exceptional, responsive solutions to complex challenges for our global clients in the field of government contracting. We are an innovative, agile provider of specialized, technical solutions and an exceptional cache of capabilities that enable mission-critical operations and decision making. We provide the expertise and guidance needed to help customers succeed in today’s era of defense, security, maintenance engineering, logistics, and business transformation. Our core competencies are aligned with the current needs of our customers; and those competencies anticipate and facilitate work with our customer to address their future needs. We are continually striving to adapt emerging and proven technologies to further enhance the abilities of our customers and partners.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Port Engineer position. This position serves as T-Solution’s on-board representative. The primary function of this role is to routinely validate shipboard conditions through personal observation and evaluation. Port Engineers are active leaders as part of a maintenance team and serve as the Type Commander (TYCOM), as well as the Commanding Officer’s primary representative for all off ship maintenance and modernization. They are intimately familiar with the operational and maintenance requirements of their assigned ships(s) to ensure mission readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages an online database for all jobs.
- Validates work requests, assigns preliminary estimates, and plans prioritized work packages within budget and time constraints for TYCOM approval.
- Reviews work specifications, coordinates schedules with repair activities, oversees repairs, and providing input for all maintenance funding decisions.
- Meets daily with the ships’ crew, department heads and commanding officer.
- Reviews implementation, challenges, opportunities and resources relating to the Consolidated Ship’s Maintenance Plan.
- Recommend suggestions and edits to the Ship’s Force if the current content does not provide accurate or complete information to determine the location.
- Provides risk assessment and prioritization to the vessel’s commanding officer using the approved TYCOM format of all on and off ship maintenance requirements.
- Attends weekly status meetings and provides requested status information to support maintenance planning and correction maintenance recommendations.
- Attends ship maintenance, repair, and assessment events to answer real-time questions surrounding logistics, maintenance scope, funding shortfalls, budgetary constraints and mission impacts.
- Develop agendas and present details on the Planning Board for Maintenance and deconflict planned and unplanned operational, schedule, and work integration issues.
- Performs a weekly review and ship check, to include applicable personal observations and discussions of all assessments, planned refreshments.
- Reviews the entire maintenance process.
- Provide an annual prioritized list for all off-ship maintenance requirements for the development of the Maintenance and Modernization Business Plan.
- Develops recommendations for authorized work packages within TYCOM established funding controls.
- Provide a business case analysis in the prescribed TYCOM format when recommending changes to the business plan.
- Provide funding shift recommendations for efficient execution of availabilities.
- Possesses the necessary knowledge to adhere to contractual requirements for our Government clients.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- This position includes a low level of travel to Fleet Concentration Support areas.
- Frequent underway time for sea trials, testing, inspections, ship checks, and other events as needed.
- Attend ship deployments including port-to-port transfers, sea trials, mid-deployment ship checks and sister ship visits.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- One of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and a minimum of four years of sailing experience as an operating engineer with at least the USCG Third Assistant Engineer License
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Management related field and engineering experience in the US Navy with at least two tours as a Navy Limited Duty Officer (LDO), Chief Engineer (CHENG), or Main Propulsion Assistant (MPA)
- Five years of experience as a USCG licensed Third Assistant Engineer (Unlimited or higher), and with recent experience as a Port Engineer or other relevant position in naval or commercial ship repair
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must have reliable transportation to and from various work locations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Ability to frequently traverse stairs, fixed ladders and ladder-wells while walking ships on a daily basis
- Wherewithal to spend several consecutive days at sea while underway as needed
- Capable of sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, crouching and kneeling
- Talking, hearing and seeing
- Reaching, handling, using equipment, keyboards and mobile devices
- Lifting boxes (files and supplies) up to 20 lbs
In order to be compliant as a covered contractor under Executive Order 14042, T-Solutions requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, you are required to provide proof of your vaccination status before your first day of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status may result in the offer of employment being rescinded by T-Solutions.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation before your first day of employment. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your offer of employment will be rescinded.
T-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.