T-Solutions is the company people want to work for and work with when seeking global services and innovative solutions. We employ highly qualified and uniquely skilled professionals who are committed to providing services with integrity. We are the preferred partner to deliver excellence and to enrich our clients, employees and communities.
Who We Are
T-Solutions is a woman-owned, veteran-owned small business headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia that creates exceptional, responsive solutions to complex challenges for our global clients in the field of government contracting. We are an innovative, agile provider of specialized, technical solutions and an exceptional cache of capabilities that enable mission-critical operations and decision making. We provide the expertise and guidance needed to help customers succeed in today’s era of defense, security, maintenance engineering, logistics, and business transformation. Our core competencies are aligned with the current needs of our customers; and those competencies anticipate and facilitate work with our customer to address their future needs. We are continually striving to adapt emerging and proven technologies to further enhance the abilities of our customers and partners.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Combat Systems Port Engineer position. This position serves as T-Solution’s on-board representative. The primary function of this role is to routinely validate shipboard conditions through personal observation and evaluation. Port Engineers are active leaders as part of a maintenance team and serve as the Type Commander (TYCOM), as well as the Commanding Officer’s primary representative for all off ship maintenance and modernization. They are intimately familiar with the operational and maintenance requirements of their assigned ships(s) to ensure mission readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with the ships’ crew, department heads and commanding officer in-person on a daily basis to discuss shortfalls, implementation and insufficiencies related to the Consolidated Ships Maintenance Plan (CSMP) and validate new work items.
- Verify and check all validated off-ship maintenance 2 kilos. 2 kilo validation includes equipment testing and system performance and making recommendations and repair actions to the maintenance plan.
- Recommend timing of repairs and identify the most cost-effective level of maintenance.
- Provide a risk assessment and prioritization of all on and off-ship maintenance requirements.
- Attend all ship maintenance/repair assessment events and answer questions real time, these may include funding shortfalls, maintenance scope, mission impacts, and logistics.
- Identify weaknesses in the maintenance plan/s, to include modernization recommendations.
- Determine, validate, and diagnose specific maintenance requirements for assigned ships or craft.
- Recommend ship owner authorization or deferral of identified maintenance requirements.
- Screen authorized work to appropriate industrial activities and Continuous Maintenance availability periods.
- Integrate authorized work items for each industrial availability to ensure development of an optimized work package.
- Monitor industrial availability execution and support Government efforts to control quality, schedule, and cost.
- Provide engineering and technical recommendations concerning the design, installation, logistic support, and priority of planned modernization.
- Recommend solutions to maintenance-related environmental, logistics, technical and engineering problems encountered in ship repair and modernization.
- This position includes a low level of travel to Fleet Concentration Support areas.
- Frequent underway time for sea trials, testing, inspections, ship checks, and other events as needed.
- Attend ship deployments including port-to-port transfers, sea trials, mid-deployment ship checks and sister ship visits.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent and/or bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of naval combat systems operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of depot level combat systems alteration, maintenance, and integrated test procedures
- Knowledge of, and experience aboard, naval vessels
- Detailed experience with one or more major Navy surface ship weapons systems
- Significant Navy experience as the Chief Petty Officer (E-7 or above), LDO or CWO (STO or EMO) level or higher rank in the C5I operating and maintenance community
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must have reliable transportation to and from various work locations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government issued Secret security clearance
- Ability to frequently traverse stairs, fixed ladders and ladder-wells while walking ships on a daily basis
- Wherewithal to spend several consecutive days at sea while underway as needed
- Capable of sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, crouching and kneeling
- Reaching, handling, using equipment, keyboards and mobile devices
- Lifting boxes (files and supplies) up to 20 lbs
T-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.