T-Solutions is the company people want to work for and work with when seeking global services and innovative solutions. We employ highly qualified and uniquely skilled professionals committed to providing services with integrity. We are the preferred partner to deliver excellence and enrich our clients, employees, and communities.
Who We Are
T-Solutions is a woman-owned, veteran-owned small business headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia, that creates exceptional, responsive solutions to complex challenges for our global clients in government contracting. We are an innovative, agile provider of specialized technical solutions and an extraordinary cache of capabilities that enable mission-critical operations and decision-making. We provide the expertise and guidance needed to help customers succeed in today’s defense, security, maintenance engineering, logistics, and business transformation era. Our core competencies are aligned with our customers' current needs; those competencies anticipate and facilitate work with our customers to address their future needs. We are continually striving to adapt emerging and proven technologies further to enhance the abilities of our customers and partners.
We are seeking candidates for a Port Engineer position supporting the Egypt Patrol Craft (PC) case in Alexandria, Egypt. The Port Engineer will be NAVSEA’s execution agent for ship repair/transfer and maritime industrial projects. The Port Engineer will act as the program office representative at various follow-on technical Support and Ship transfer-related activities to enhance communications and provide a degree of quality assurance for the work being accomplished. They shall have a primary role in supporting the PMS 326 Country/Program Manager. This individual will have a purely advisory role under the authority and guidance of NAVSEA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a central point of contact for NAVSEA concerning Egyptian Navy ex-Cyclone class PCs to include engineering management support to schedule, coordinate, and perform vessel repair and maintenance, perform inspections of vessels for repair and maintenance standards and procedures, maintain accurate records of USN supported maintenance.
- Manage limited resources and maintenance requirements for PCs and provide the best guidance possible to support the in-country maintenance team and teams of contractors under the direction of NAVSEA PMS 326 and the Egyptian Navy.
- Provides the cognizant NAVSEA project manager with project-specific updates on case-related issues and informs NAVSEA of potential schedule or quality problems.
- Provides timely reports to PMS 326 detailing the progress/status of maintenance/ installation teams and provide oversight and insight regarding the team’s performance.
- Schedule and coordinate workflow based on host Navy orders, established priorities, personnel, equipment, and resource availability.
- Provide oversight and inspection of vessels for repair and maintenance standards, shipboard equipment, and system problem-solving.
- Assist foreign customers with preparing for ship repair production, planned maintenance events, and availabilities.
- Determine, validate, and diagnose specific maintenance requirements for PCs. This also requires defining the scope of work and assisting in executing maintenance plans.
- Coordinate necessary support services (Contractor, Original Equipment Manufacturers, USN, etc.) for incoming teams.
- Integrate authorized work items for each platform’s maintenance and repair requirements. This is to ensure the development of an optimized work package.
- Coordinate work scheduling for various USN acquisition and life cycle support stakeholders conducting work in-country.
- Assist in developing and providing oversight of the processes and procedures for planning and scheduling deferred maintenance.
- Assist in identifying sources of support, both indigenous and USN-sponsored.
- Assist in the development of work packages for the CSMP.
- This position includes a low level of travel.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Previous experience with Cyclone Class vessels is required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated expertise in shipboard maintenance and operations.
- Three years of FMS/OCONUS experience.
- Previous Port Engineer experience with Navy and Navy maintenance processes is desired.
- Previous experience in platform-centric integrated logistics support, quality control and assurance, testing, operations, maintenance, supply, and training.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the generation of engineering reports and analyses.
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- USCG Third Assistant License is desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- U.S. Navy 3M manager/coordinator qualification is desired.
- Ability to frequently traverse stairs.
- Sitting for long periods, standing, walking, crouching, and kneeling.
- Reaching, handling, using equipment, keyboards, and mobile devices.
- Lifting boxes (files and supplies) up to 20 lbs.
T-Solutions is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
T-Solutions is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. T-Solutions does not discriminate against qualified applicants because of their status as a protected veteran or their relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members.